Your home is one of the largest investments you can make during your lifetime, preventative maintenance will protect your investment.
Luxury Home Maintenance Plan
At Bluestone Construction we take great pride and care in building your home. Your home was designed and built to last for many generations, however as with all such products, it will need a little bit of help to keep it looking its finest. Homes that are maintained properly are safer, require fewer costly repairs, and continue to look beautiful for many years so that you can enjoy them as much as possible. Properly maintaining your home with a comprehensive maintenance plan will maximize your investment and enjoyment.
After your warranty period is up, we offer a Luxury Home Maintenance Plan that is custom tailored for your home. No one knows the construction and maintenance of your home as well as we do. We design a maintenance plan specifically for your property to ensure your home looks and functions beautifully for many years to come.
Your Luxury Home Maintenance Plan consists of two annual visits. Typically they are scheduled early spring and mid to late fall. Our maintenance person will schedule the visit with you roughly a month in advance, the service will take a couple of days. Any other subcontractors such as painters are scheduled for the same time. The Maintenance Plan covers both the inside and the outside of your home. We have a 8 page checklist that we use when caring for your home to make sure we don’t overlook even the smallest detail. From smoke detectors to squeaky door hinges, we cover it all. The following are the areas covered; General Condition, Exterior, Mechanicals including; HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliances, Painting, Interior and Exterior Doors, etc.
Below is a detailed list of the items included in our Luxury Home Maintenance Plan.
Our Custom Home Maintenance Plan starts with a complete written report of the interior and exterior of the house based on a detailed inspection.
The following lists include the area of the home and the maintenance that may be performed.
Exterior/Roof, siding , and gutters
- Inspect potential Rodent Entry Points
- Gutters drains cleaned out, gutters visually inspected for damage.
- Visually inspect from ground the roof shingles for damage/deterioration
- Inspect all exterior wood for rotting/decay, up to 4 hours of misc rot repair semiannually
- Verify hose bibbs are disconnected in winter, verify they don’t drip. Replace o ring as necessary.
- Pressure wash Front patio/ carport
- Pressure wash bbq deck
- Inspect site drainage
- Wash Electronic air filters
- Clean out dryer vents
- Check all toilets for normal operation and repair as needed.
- Close and open all toilet valves and under sink valves (angle
stops) Check under sinks for leaks
- Turn water off and back on at main valve
- Flush and drain sediment from water heaters
- Clean all accessible aerators on faucets
- Clean all shower head aerators as needed.
- Inspect garbage disposal for proper operation
- Change touchless faucet batteries as needed
- Clean dishwasher strainers
- Change water filters
- Inspect washing machine hoses, replace every 2 years
- Inspect under dishwasher for leaks
- Vacuum refrigerator coils on all refrigerators
- Clean range hood filters if needed
- Check Central Vaccum for proper operation
- Test all smoke detectors and replace batteries
- Test carbon monoxide detectors and replace batteries
- Replace burnt out light bulbs as necessary, inside and out
- Test and reset all GFCI outlets
Interior and Exterior doors and Cabinets and Millwork:
- Lubricate all interior door hinges/locks, adjust doors as needed
- Lubricate exterior door locks, adjust doors as needed, inspect
weatherstripping, tighten exterior door hardware
- Adjust cabinet doors and drawers as needed (please let us know
- Check for any loose millwork, base, casing , crown, etc
- One painter for the day – Misc touchup of nail pops, millwork
trim separation, minor cracks and blemishes on the walls, etc.
- Painter will touchup exterior caulk as necessary
- Service Elevator
- Replace batteries in fireplace.
- Service generator (up to 25 kw)
- Clean and reseal stone countertops in kitchen
- Inspect for loose/ cracked grout around tiles, sinks, tubs,
showers, toilets, counters.